Considering the social context, the Lithuanian authorities took measures regarding the wave of migrants from Ukraine. Ukrainian citizens are granted a residence and work permit, as well as access to the public health service. Find out from this article some important aspects if you want to immigrate to Lithuania from Ukraine
. One of our lawyers in Lithuania
can provide legal advice and assistance on immigration matters.
Getting a visa for Lithuania as a Ukrainian citizen
What is important to specify from the beginning is the fact that Ukrainians do not need a visa to enter Lithuania and can live here for 90 days. But if the stay is extended for more than 3 months, then applicants must know the rules concerned in this situation. Here are some formalities if you want to relocate to Lithuania from Ukraine:
- The Lithuanian authorities do not require a visa for Ukrainian citizens, but an identification document is required.
- If the identification document does not exist, then you can apply for a temporary foreigner's passport. This is an optimal solution offered by the immigration office in Lithuania.
- If you want to move to Lithuania from Ukraine, you can apply for a residence permit and also work legally. This document is also valid in the countries of the European Union, for those who want to work and settle in another country.
- Once this type of document is issued, Ukrainian citizens can be registered in the health and education system respectively, if they emigrate with their children.
We also note that the Lithuanian authorities have set up a system of integration into society for Ukrainian citizens. They can benefit from shelter, food, and medical services, without the need to apply for asylum. One of our immigration lawyers in Lithuania
can help citizens who want to immigrate to Lithuania from Ukraine
Job offers for Ukrainian citizens in Lithuania
As mentioned above, a residence permit
issued for Ukrainians is sufficient to enter the labor market. There are numerous platforms that offer jobs, both for Lithuanian citizens and Ukrainian ones. There is a need for workers in fields such as construction, home maintenance, agriculture, etc. If you want to apply for a job in Lithuania
, we invite you to speak with our team of lawyers specialized in the labor sector. Our specialists will explain what you need to do from a legal point of view.
Can I relocate my Ukrainian company to Lithuania?
Of course, company relocation is possible in Lithuania
, and those interested can access a number of advantages. For example, if you open a business in Lithuania
and hire local labor force with an average salary per month, you can benefit from a much faster registration process. It is important that the respective business is maintained on the market for at least 3 years in order to access other advantages offered by the Lithuanian government.
Lithuania, a great business destination for foreigners
offers optimal business conditions, a stable economic and political climate, quality infrastructure, and a series of advantages for Ukrainian citizens. Below we present some interesting figures about the Lithuanian economy:
- Lithuania is ranked12 out of 45 European states, in terms of economic direction.
- The gross domestic product for 2020 was about USD 56 billion.
- The minimum wage in Lithuania is EUR 730, according to the data for 2022.
- The corporate tax rate in Lithuania is 15%.
So, if you want to immigrate to Lithuania from Ukraine
, do not hesitate to contact our law firm in Lithuania
. We can guide you from a legal point of view, so get in touch with us today!