Lithuania Citizenship by Investment - Assisting Foreigners Investors
Citizenship by Investment in LithuaniaUpdated on Monday 29th November 2021
Rate this article
based on 2 reviews
based on 2 reviews
Although there is no citizenship by investment program in Lithuania, the authorities have implemented other procedures through which foreign citizens can obtain citizenship. First, a visa is required to enter Lithuania as a non-EU / EEA citizen. The legal aspects of Lithuania citizenship by investment can be explained to you by our experienced lawyers in Lithuania. Our specialists can also advise foreign entrepreneurs who want to open a business in Lithuania. More about how to move to Lithuania can be discussed with us.
Golden Visa in Lithuania - which is the path to citizenship
As I mentioned above, there is no specific citizenship by investment program, but there are some steps that foreigners can gain this status in Lithuania. Here is a broad outline of how to obtain Lithuania citizenship by investment through other procedures:
- Applicants can opt for Golden Visa in Lithuania to obtain residency in this country.
- You can open a business or establish a branch in order to gain residency in Lithuania.
- Authorities dealing with startup visa applications interview applicants who want to open a business in this country. They must present a solid business project and invest at least EUR 50,000.
- Once accepted, the Lithuanian Migration Department will issue you a temporary residence permit. More about how to immigrate to Lithuania can be offered by our experts.
- Another condition for those who have been offered temporary residence in Lithuania is that they open the business in about a month.
- Lithuania citizenship by investment can be obtained after 10 years of living in this country.
Therefore, Lithuania citizenship by investment is earned after obtaining a startup visa, followed by opening the business as soon as the residence in this country has been received. We remind you that all formalities can be successfully managed by our lawyers in Lithuania. They can guide you through the entire process of obtaining a residence permit and citizenship. Contact us if you want to relocate to Lithuania.
How to qualify for Golden Visa for Lithuania
Foreign investors applying for this program in order to gain Lithuanian citizenship must be 100% involved in the business they will open in this country. In addition to an attractive and feasible business plan, the investor must also be the company's director, get involved in its activities, and hire Lithuanian workers.
Those who want to open a branch in Lithuania must prove that in their country of origin, their business is already present for at least a year. Therefore, Golden Visa for Lithuania is an advantageous program, but for which, maximum attention is needed in terms of business conditions. Do not hesitate to discuss the legal aspects of business with our lawyers in Lithuania. They can help you immigrate to Lithuania.
Permanent residence in Lithuania and its advantages
As I mentioned in this article, Lithuania citizenship by investment can be obtained with the help of permanent residence, in about 10 years. The program implemented by the authorities is quite advantageous, even if the citizenship is obtained after several years. For example, travel in the EU and Schengen is allowed without restrictions. Family members can also be part of the program, and all the benefits offered to Lithuanian citizens also apply to foreigners. Feel free to talk to our business specialists for making investments in Lithuania. They can help you relocate to Lithuania by handling all the formalities.
Why Lithuania is a good investment destination
Lithuania's economic and political stability is also supported by the fact that the country is part of the Schengen Area, which makes foreign investors confident in the business climate offered. Labor productivity has made Lithuania rank 4th in the European Union in this regard. Simplified business registration formalities in any field, well-developed infrastructure, multicultural environment, innovation sector development, and high living standards are some of the attributes that describe Lithuania, a country so appreciated by foreign investors. Here are some statistics that highlight the economic direction of Lithuania:
- According to data for 2020, Lithuania recorded about USD 24 billion in total FDI stock.
- Due to good conditions and business climate, Lithuania ranked 11th out of 190 world economies, according to the 2020 Doing Business report.
- In 2019, Lithuania recorded economic growth of 4.3%, the highest in the European Union.
- Greenfield investments in Lithuania in 2020 amounted to over one billion USD.
If you are interested in Lithuania citizenship by investment, we invite you to talk to our specialists. Contact our law firm in Lithuania and discover how to move to Lithuania.